PDA

View Full Version : Furuno Fishfinder combo

Pez Espada
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I have a GP7000 fish/chart combo with a 1K transducer and would like to add a 582 fish finder . My question is, can I use the same transducer for both and what would I need to interface both units or do I need to get a separate transducer for the 582.

Thanks in advance, Zack

Wa Mei
04-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Zack,
You might want to give the Furuno service department in WA a call. They
have always been helpful whenever I call.

However, if you run a separate transducer for the 582, you will most likely get alot of interference between the 2 units if both are on. I get alot of interference from other people's boat when they pack in on the squid ground.

Pez Espada
04-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info Wamei,

That's interesting that about interference with other boats when your all bunched up. I haven't noticed any of that when fishing Seabass. I'll give furuno a call and report back.

Cheers, Zack

DOGHOUSE26
04-16-2010, 09:36 PM
You can use the transducer for both units; use just can't use them at the same time. With another transducer you might get good readings on both if each one was on a different frequency, 50 & 200. I've only noticed interference from other fishfinders when the other unit has 1000 watts or more; I've fished WSB side by side and the other boat had the standard 600 watt unit and it never affected my picture. Furuno has a great help line and they will call you back.

Pez Espada
04-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks Jeff,

You just gave me more hope. I'll give Furuno a call on Monday and find out from the horses mouth.

Cheers, Zack

Pez Espada
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Talked to tech support yesterday. Unless you have a network system I would have to go with a two way switch. Meaning only one FF working at a time. No upgrades in the future as I installed the GP7000 last year. ZMAN

Wa Mei
04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Talked to tech support yesterday. Unless you have a network system I would have to go with a two way switch. Meaning only one FF working at a time. No upgrades in the future as I installed the GP7000 last year. ZMAN

you might want to check out Honeygirl's add for the 582L with transducer.
Might be a good solution for you Zack.

Pez Espada
04-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks Wamei,

I bought a 582L off a buddy of mine for cheap a few months ago. I had this same unit on my Farallon and loved it. Furuno tech support said that using two transducer's is a no no.

Thanks for all the help guy's, Zach