PDA

View Full Version : Turbo????

Mac Attack
07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Fired the boat up for a return trip from Catalina (West Cove) to MDR. 2000 rpm's is all I was able to get. Limped home, have not torn it down. I'm thinking turbo???

Mike

NoSlack
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
If you were getting black smoke, start with the turbo. If no smoke, start with fuel filters.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
07-06-2011, 10:55 AM
If you're getting alot of black smoke in your wake then it would be the turbo, if not, replace your fuel filters first and if that doesn't fix it then it's time for an injection pump rebuild. Take your air cleaner housing off and see if the turbo spins at all.

Mac Attack
07-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Filters are all new, 1st trip with them. Did not notice excessive smoke in the wake. Only notice my floscan jump when I tried to throttle up. I'll take her apart this weekend.

fireescape
07-06-2011, 01:22 PM
If you noticed a large jump on your floscan, it could be your forward sensor. I have been told they are problematic. If turbo checks out, try a 3/8" dbl male barb and bypass the forward sensor.....Good luck.....zack

Sleigher1
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Since this was your first trip with the new filters; go back and check for an air leak from anything that you replaced, loosened or may have bumped.
I had a similar problem once and simply tightened the bleed screw on top of the primary filter.
Worked for me.

P