PDA

View Full Version : Found on Craigslist

brian_g
01-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Sister ship to the No Slack is for sale:

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/boa/d/23-blackman-fishmachine/6463621208.html

Mike, you could have twins!

-Brian

NoSlack
01-18-2018, 05:31 PM
They really got their moneys worth out of that girl. I heard they had over 10,000 hours on the original motor before the re power. As nice as that boat is, there is no way my wife is going to let me start raising twins this close to retirement.

Why don't you bring it home. I'm sure your boat always wanted a big brother around.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
01-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Don used to talk about that boat before I did my repower; it was the only one he knew of with 10,000 hours on the same motor and that was a long time before 2012. But he also said the boat rarely got into the higher RPMs as it was a Charter Boat out of Kona and it pretty much trolled everywhere it went. They sure did a nice job on the rebuild as the Fish Boxes and paint job look top notch. However it states the current motor has almost 7500 hours on it so it's remaining life is a huge question and laying down a $30K bet on it is a huge gamble in my opinion.

DOGHOUSE26
01-21-2018, 03:22 PM
Got an email back from the owner of that boat they said they got 18,000 hours out of the first motor and they never go above 8 knots

NoSlack
01-21-2018, 05:05 PM
If I could learn to slow down, I could get another 30 years out of my motor.

brian_g
01-22-2018, 12:02 PM
They really got their moneys worth out of that girl. I heard they had over 10,000 hours on the original motor before the re power. As nice as that boat is, there is no way my wife is going to let me start raising twins this close to retirement.

Why don't you bring it home. I'm sure your boat always wanted a big brother around.

Mike

HA HA HA!!!
That would be awesome. We are looking for an Outerbanks. Maybe one in "International Orange" will pop up... I think I actually saw a photo of one as some point in time.
That is an amazing lifespan for their original motor...

-Brian